Saturday 8 January 2011

blogging cherry...

So... as is traditional I have spent most of the first week of this year thinking about resolutions.  I have decided that drawing up a list of things I really out to do but don't really enjoy doing is no longer the route for me - no more January guilt for me!  So this year I have decided that my one resolution is to do more for myself - this means looking after myself properly (I still managed to fit in the perennial exercise resolution then) and taking the time to do more of the things I really enjoy.

And this is where the blog comes in.  I have been reading a lot of other blogs for quite a while, mostly on sewing/vintage/craft/interior design, but hesitating to start my own despite finding them all very high quality and inspirational.  But this week I have been thinking about all of the things I would like to do and wondering how I can keep myself motivated and make sure I don't slip back into my lazy bad habits and Shazam; I put two and two together and here I am!!!

My plan is to start off by picking up all of the half finished crafty projects I have lurking around the house and documenting my progress every week. I am hoping that I can get into some new stuff as well fairly shortly - I have my first ever dress making pattern I am looking forward to having a go at and am already eyeing up another one (or 20...) lovely vintage patterns on ebay that might have to come an live with me.  I also got a book of sock patterns for Christmas so I'm hoping to learn a few new knitting "skillz" there too.

This week I have been making a concerted effort to finish the jumper I started making for my fella (ahem) months ago.  It is a lovely green Guernsey and I am hoping it is actually going to fit when I finally finish.  Once I work this thing out I will be getting pictures up - hopefully there will be one of him in said jumper very soon!

So there I have it; the first ever post!  Hopefully there will be many more to come and I will be able to get my blog into somewhere near as good shape as some of my favourites and people might actually enjoy reading it!

Au Revoir!

Natalia

xx

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on plucking up the courage to start a blog. I too have just recently done the same.
    I'm a terrible hoarder of UFOs too. Hopefully I'll get some of those finished this year :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalia

    I have a new blog too and I'm also about to make my first ever dress! Frightening, huh?

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete